Available For Those Who Qualify
The first step on the road to financial aid assistance is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). As indicated, the application is free and the applicant is under no obligation to attend any school listed on the application.
To access the application electronically, please visit www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Tips for completing the application:
- Be sure to apply for a FSA ID. This is how you will electronically sign your application. If you are considered a dependent (see dependency status worksheet at the FAFSA site), one parent will also be required to apply for a FSA ID and to sign the application.
- Include our school code #041469 on the application. This will allow the financial aid department at AWI to determine your eligibility for the PELL Grant, Subsidized and Unsubsidized Federal Loans upon receipt of your application. You can expect to receive an award letter detailing your eligibility within 10 days of submitting your application unless the application is incomplete.
- If you are male and have not registered with Selective Service, you may request on your application to have your name forwarded to Selective Service for registration.
- When determining which FAFSA application to complete, consider the academic year in which you will be attending. Most academic years begin July 1 and end June 30 of the following year. Please call the financial aid department at (802) 660-0600 if you are unsure which application to complete.
- You may access our Net Price Calculator.
Other Grants & Scholarships
If you are a Vermont resident, apply for the Vermont Incentive Grant by visiting www.vsac.org. Click on Grants in the blue box to the right. The Vermont Incentive Grant is the first one listed. Click on How to Apply for further instructions.
Tip: Applicants will have to create a user id and password to apply!
VSAC Scholarship Program
If you are a Vermont resident and will be attending during the next academic year, apply for the VSAC-assisted scholarships. For more information about the programs, visit www.vsac.org.